Cannon PR has helped three local parish councils to create a permanent memorial to those who worked and lost their lives at Silverwood Colliery, providing media support during the official unveiling ceremony. The memorial was dedicated to commemorate those who lost their lives at the colliery, as well as the thousands of miners who worked at pit during its 90 year history. We were approached by Dalton Parish Councillor Keith Brisland to assist with the project, which has seen the creation of a new memorial commemorating the important role that Silverwood Colliery within the local community. The memorial was created by Thrybergh, Dalton and Ravenfield Parish Councils, and featured part of the original pit head wheel, which dominated the local landscape for many years. Working closely with the local and regional media we secured substantial media coverage for the launch, securing interviews with ITV”s Calendar News, BBC Radio Sheffield as well as substantial press coverage in The Star and Rotherham Advertiser. You can see some of the coverage we attained by clicking on the links below:
- Joins us at Chamber Means Business
- We’re in the running to be Yorkshire’s best small agency!
- Cannon PR becomes PRCA member
- Cannon PR becomes Patron of Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber
- Stancill Brewery: Homebrew competition
- Sophie’s story: My first 6 months in PR
- Awards success for Cannon PR
- Real results for Rotherham’s newest pub
- Digging deep for Silverwood Miners
- We’re on the move!