Cannon PR has helped three local parish councils to create a permanent memorial to those who worked and lost their lives at Silverwood Colliery, providing media support during the official unveiling ceremony. The memorial was dedicated to commemorate those who lost their lives at the colliery, as well as the thousands of miners who worked at pit during its 90 year history. We were approached by Dalton Parish Councillor Keith Brisland to assist with the project, which has seen the creation of a new memorial commemorating the important role that Silverwood Colliery within the local community. The memorial was created by Thrybergh, Dalton and Ravenfield Parish Councils, and featured part of the original pit head wheel, which dominated the local landscape for many years. Working closely with the local and regional media we secured substantial media coverage for the launch, securing interviews with ITV”s Calendar News, BBC Radio Sheffield as well as substantial press coverage in The Star and Rotherham Advertiser. You can see some of the coverage we attained by clicking on the links below:
- Building a PR strategy: Where should you start?
- Never Underestimate the Power of PR
- Case study: Sheffield’s first lager
- Update: COVID-19
- Rotherham Real & Music Festival 2020
- The ghost of Christmas ads
- Join us at Chamber Means Business 2019
- Why CPD matters for PR professionals
- Thoughts on Johnston Press entering administration
- Joins us at Chamber Means Business
About the Author
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem antium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae.